Skip to main content

Attention readers ( x-droov is in a battle)

Hello, it's now the second day since we started fighting to protect x-droov from online attacks. It has been a great experience for learning and future article decisions on x-droov.
In this post, I'll break down how x-droov was attacked and what we did to come back on.
On 18th December, I checked on xdroov as I usually do each day. One thing I noticed was that x-droov was gone. Completely gone.
I tried navigating to x-droov.blogspot.com from my browser, but I got a message.

"x-droov.blogspot.com has been removed"

It shocked me so I decided to log into my blogger. Then I found an unbelievable message.

"X-droov is terminated for violating blogger's spam policy"

What's spam

Spam is an act where a writer copies content from an already existent source and places it on his website.
One thing I new was that x-droov had no spam issues so I appealed to Google.
In about thirty minutes Google sent a re-instation message showing that x-droov was back online.
I was scared of losing all this content on x-droov and I nearly regretted using Blogger as our CMS.

Detective outcomes

When I researched the issue deeply, this is what I got. A person reports a blog through it's "report site" button, but that button is missing on x-droov.
So, how did someone report x-droov.
That person probably used Google and the only types of people that know how you can alternatively report a site using Google are bloggers and online maniacs.
That gave us a picture that the attack was from a fellow blogger. Meaning it was someone jealousy of x-droov's progress or someone checking whether x-droov's information is actually ours.
Let's leave that point of view. Today on 19th December, the second attack came. It was from Google search. Meaning, it was made to affect our visibility on Google and our reputation among new visitors.
Someone manually reported x-droov for  phishing.

What is phishing

Phishing is an act of making a clone or copy of another page like Facebook login page to trick users into feeding in their information which will be maximized by the attacker.
Seriously, do you see any login form on x-droov? 
The attack today confirms a jealousy attack. We would search for the offender using our site and search traffic details and retaliate appropriately, but we don't want to depict a stupid picture to our readers.
Whoever tried this. We know you. We have decided to back off. Thanks for reading dear reader. We will continue making x-droov available for you forever. 

AUTHOR

Emmy Jayson x-droov


Comments